Top 5 Abdominal Exercise for Six Pack!
It can be a hard and frustrating process to obtain a Six Pack. In this article we highlight our 5 top picks that is bound to deliver optimal results.
One of our favourite exercises, that puts your entire core into work. It’s also a favourite of mine, as it’s a great alternative to include in super-sets.
- Being face down resting your weight on your forearms and toes and pull your abs in.
- Maintain a hold where your body is in a straight line from shoulders to heels for as long as possible.
- Keep a straight line and don’t allow your hips to sag throughout the exercise hold.
If you don’t have access to a cable, this can also be done at home with the use of a weight and/or Gallant Resistance Band.
- Stand holding a cable with both hands out in front of you at just under shoulder-height.
- Keeping your arms fixed and straight, and your abs engaged, rotate your upper body to the left, then back to center, and then to the right, and then back to center.
- That’s one rep. Alternate sides for one set of 10 complete reps.
This exercise as a variation on ab crunches. The difference is that you always have both feet off the ground during these bicycle crunches.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind your head, and your legs raised and bent at 90°.
- Alternate sides by bringing your right elbow toward your left knee, then your left elbow toward your right knee, building up to 60 seconds.
- Try and hold the crunch for a two-count on each side to force a slower, concentrated movement.
Leg raises are a great way to target your lower abdominal muscles, which can be left short-changed by traditional sit-ups. Personally, I tend to see better results when i use a Gallant Flat Weight Lifting Bench.
- Lie on your back with arms and legs diagonally out so that your body forms an “X.”
- Keeping arms and legs straight, bring your right hand toward your left foot, then your left hand toward your right foot, lifting your head, neck, and shoulders off the ground.
- That’s one rep. Aim for one complete set of 10 reps.
Swiss Ball Rollout
If you, like me, don’t have a Togu Powerball Premium Abs Ball lying around, I have found an Abdominal Exercise Roller to be a fantastic and effective options. They are very cheap and can be found on Amazon – see our article for details.
- Kneel on a mat with your hands on a Swiss stability ball.
- Keeping your back straight and your abs engaged, roll the ball as far away from you as you can, then slowly roll back to starting position.
- Aim for two sets of 10 rollouts.
Ab Roller Alternative:
- Hold the Abdominal Exercise Roller with both hands and kneel on the floor.
- Now place the Abdominal Exercise Roller on the floor in front of you so that you are on all your hands and knees (as in a kneeling push up position). This will be your starting position.
- Slowly roll the Ab Abdominal Exercise Roller straight forward, stretching your body into a straight position. Tip: Go down as far as you can without touching the floor with your body. Breathe in during this portion of the movement.
- After a pause at the stretched position, start pulling yourself back to the starting position as you breathe out. Tip: Go slowly and keep your abs tight at all times.